Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First Childhood Memories

The first memories I have are not very happy.  My parents divorced when I was 3 or 4.  I have several memories of fights and  police.  But I do remember one good thing.  We lived on a dead end street in Hanna City, Illinois.  The house was at the very end at the bottom of a hill.  The house was small.  I remember having a bedroom that was located kind of behind the living room.  One nice thing I remember about that house is my Grandpa John Clifton McKee making peanut butter fudge.  We would sit at the kitchen table and eat the fudge. I can still smell that fudge.  I loved my grandpa so much.  He died when I was 10.  I also remember visiting a house that was located a few houses from our house on the same street.  An older lady that I can't remember her name (I should ask my dad) made me a quilt that was black and blue.  All I can remember about her house was that it was white and had a silver metal screen door.  Hopefully in 2012 I can take a trip back to Illinois and visit this street.  It would be nice to see if my memories are accurate.  Sometimes I wonder if my memories are actual memories or from pictures that I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment